Since the invention of the wheel, the world hasn’t seen any better evolution that the creation of the worm. This machine was small in size and resembled the existing gears, could transfer torque and power from one moving axis to another with minimal effort and less energy.
This has found applications to a lot of industries, from construction to dentistry. But the most successful implementation has traditionally been the best worm drive saw, which resembles a tool, mostly needed by craftsmen around the world when they want to cut plywood or create valuable furniture precisely.
The saws that use a particular drive to cut wood are the safest and most precise woodcutter since they can measure all the different distances and dimensions that make the cut professional. The handles are giving them great utility since the carpenters can easily hold them without the fear of injury that could hurt their arms and legs and be potentially life-threatening.
In this review, let’s see what the perfect worm drive are saw that popular manufacturers are presenting to the world public and what are their strong points for us to choose them, among others.
Our Top Picks
Review: 10 Best Worm Drive Saw 2020
Here is a list of the best worm drive saws we found:
1. 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch – Makita Worm Drive Circular Saw
This Makita worm saw is one of the best professional solutions that are available in all markets. It considered one of the best worm drive circulars saw that is now available and is reputable for its strength and durability.
It is equipped with a powerful motor that works in the range of 4,500 rpm and can cut virtually anything. The magnesium series are using lighter and more durable components for an enhanced life cycle, and they include an extra-coated framing blade with a particular M-shaped tooth that guarantees the best cut.
- Metal and plastic parts are giving a lightweight profile.
- A retractable hook allows the tool to maintain close by.
- Oil bath technology with a built-in fan gives great comfort.
- Quick, one-handed adjustments can be easily made.
- The blade needs constant cooling after use.
- Single wrench technology is not enough to disassemble.
2. Bosch 7-1/4-Inch – Best Worm Drive Circular Saw
This is the innovative worm drive saw that created by the legendary Bosch company and can be identified as one of the best worm drives saw that you could purchase online. It features new and innovative solutions that facilitate everyday use in multiple worksites that need precise cuts of materials.
It has an enhanced magnesium construction that gives a lighter profile and better longevity to the various moving parts. It also has a special worm drive that can reassure the accuracy of the cut and features a large gearing ratio in a compact size.
It equipped with easy-to-handle features with an onboard multi-function wrench that you can use to change blades, brushes, and oil. Its soft grip is desirable by all users.
- Accurate blade drivers give you more precision.
- A hard case so that you can always carry it with you.
- Smooth operation ensured all the time.
- The brushless motor delivers extreme torque.
- Energy consumption may be heavy.
- Lack of safety features
3 DEWALT DWS535 7 1/4-Inch – Worm Drive Circular Saw
This is one the saw that is the default worm drive saw of preference for many craftsmen across the world. It features special lightweight materials that ensure easy handling and storage. At the same time, it is heavy-duty using its magnesium shoe to provide a solid cutting platform at all times.
It works in 4,800 rpm, which is a market blockbuster for the category giving extra precise and quick cutting abilities.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Durable cast magnesium footplate.
- Extra-wide saw hook for precision.
- The tough cord protection system is safe for you.
- Bevel capacity reached 53 degrees, the biggest on the market.
- Spare parts are hard to find.
- More effort is needed to cut larger objects.
4 SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp – Skil Worm Drive Saw Review
This is one of the most desired worm drive saws that are now available on the worldwide market. The SKILSAW company has created one of the worm drive circular saw reviews that mostly matter to people that intend to invest in state-of-the-art technology.
It has a magnesium worm drive that is unique among competitors for its endurance and lightweight materials that make the saw easily handled by the carpenters. One multi-function wrench is included for blade change, while brush and oil maintenance has evolved to an easy task.
The dual copper windings are constantly keeping the motor cooler and reassure the longevity of the saw. Also, the cooler running motor tackles the most difficult cuts, which are a crucial feature of the SKILLSAW series.
- Light magnesium construction for solid use.
- Anti-snag lower guard provides smooth operation.
- Motor power reaches 15 Amp, one of the biggest in the competition.
- The rubber handle is giving you a great grip.
- Absence of the anti-debris motor cap may harm the motor.
- The grip is not fully made of rubber
5 Milwaukee 6477-20 7-1/4-inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
One of the newcomers in the category, the Milwaukee saw, is another best worm saws. It has gathered all the abilities that are most desired of a saw.
It has an easy use profile that makes it possible for the novice user to cut precisely. The handles are bigger than ever before and covered with special rubber to protect your hands. The blades are running with special oil friction support that cools down the motor any time needed so.
The angles of measurement are great utility in this saw. This saw is very easy to use and durable also. The hardened steel worm gearing provides maximum torque that is very good features of this saw.
- Extreme easy to use.
- Single wrench technology makes it easy to disassemble.
- The blade always well lubricated by auto-oiler.
- Anti-vibration handles are there to operate in comfort.
- It comes bare, no hard case to carry it with you.
- It cannot work in AC/DC transitions.
6 DEWALT Worm Drive Saws – DCS577X1 FLEXVOLT 60V MAX 7-1/4
DeWalt DCS577X1 worm drive saw is well known in the industry for its high-quality power tools and usually purchased by craftsmen worldwide. It has a special magnesium worm gear that can reduce the weight of the whole shoe, giving extra comfort and precision to the user.
Its longer cord can give you great movability and freedom when you are working outdoors. The blades can be easily changed using a simple wrench for enhanced simplicity of use. The oil-cooled motor can guarantee that the saw would be working under harsh conditions for longer periods.
- High-grade magnesium shoe gives you more power.
- Higher RMP motor can ensure a proper cut.
- The smart carrying bag is there to have it always with you.
- The longer cord is applied to give you remote use.
- Metal parts are vulnerable to rust.
7 SKILSAW SPT79-00 15-Amp MEDUSAW Worm Drive Saw
Another great saw made from SKILSAW is one of the top manufacturers in the world. Counting as one of the best worm drives saw there are a lot of reasons why you should consider buying one of those.
The magnesium worm gear is apparent in this model as well to make it work better and cut more precisely.
It specializes in the concrete cut where tough forces are being developed, and the blades need constant change. It also has an integrated dust management system that keeps the working field clean for the user. The saw has special anti-corrosion layers that keep it strong for a long time of use, even in outdoor conditions.
- Worm drive geared concrete saw for quality.
- Wet/dry management system for extra safety.
- A blade can be easily removed and cleaned.
- The safety button is placed close to the top for your security.
- Great 15-amp engine
- The button may be tricky to push with gloves.
- Distance between blade and drivers may create dangers for the user.
8 Hyperikon Electric Compact Worm Drive Circular Saw
This is by far the most highly sophisticated worm drive saw that you can find available on the market now. Characterized as the best cordless worm drive saw this is a revolutionary piece of art, years ahead of the competition.
It features an enhanced angle for cutting depth that is unique in the category. Its blade is carbide enabled to have more power and greater endurance. The existence of the cut guard is of crucial importance for the accuracy of the cut and the safety of the user.
This is a saw that is very lightweight and works in low amperage for a great energy-saving profile.
- Extreme stability control with new stable stands.
- Power cord insulated to perfection.
- The blade cannot corrode or rust and removed easily.
- Drivers and screws carefully placed in the corners.
- Higher precision gives you more time to think that act.
- Hard cases can be easily broken.
- Plastic parts can fade away with sunshine.
9 Big Foot Tools BF-UG Wormdrive Circular Saw
Big Foot remains the company of reference for best worm drive saw. This special series is a category that is the most demanding one.
It has a simple type of functioning with only one lever to adjust all the angles of cutting and the speed of the blade.
Its blades are carbamide ones that can add on to the precision of cuts and the longevity of the tool. The motor is cooled down by oil, and this is a feature that can prolong its life cycle.
Most important, it is one of the few saws that completely assembled in the United States for improved quality.
- A traditional brand is well-built for all craftsmen.
- USA assembled for quality.
- Long cord to work remotely.
- Battery back up in case of emergency.
- Single wrench technology keeps you mind free.
- Basic features only with no precision in cutting.
- No protection cap for the motor may harm its longevity.
10 Prazi USA – Blades – Beam Cutter Worm Drive Saws
This is the latest improvement of the Prazi USA company that proudly presents to the world public of craftsmen. It is categorized as the worm drive circular saw reviews that can change the way you look at this type of tool.
It can execute with great precision all types of cut and from various angles. The protection of the user is enhanced since its vertical and horizontal positions are of tremendous comfort. The handles are placed strategically to the core of the tool to ensure the proper grip when cutting.
The motor is also powerful and oil-cooled for better heat management. The blades are of superb technology that makes the difference in the precision of the cuts.
- Extremely lightweight metal alloy.
- Plastic parts are there to protect the sensitive areas of the machine.
- The blade is changed quickly and safely.
- LED lighting applied to the working surface.
- Spare parts take long to come.
- No rubber handles to reduce vibrations.
List of 10 Best Worm Drive Circular Saws
As you may see, there is the best worm drive saw for you to choose from there. The right combination of price, quality and cutting precision, as well as after-sales service, should be taken into account when buying a new saw. Make your choices carefully since they are going to follow you for a long period.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks
- Review: 10 Best Worm Drive Saw 2020
- 1. 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch – Makita Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 2. Bosch 7-1/4-Inch – Best Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 3 DEWALT DWS535 7 1/4-Inch – Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 4 SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp – Skil Worm Drive Saw Review
- 5 Milwaukee 6477-20 7-1/4-inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 6 DEWALT Worm Drive Saws – DCS577X1 FLEXVOLT 60V MAX 7-1/4
- 7 SKILSAW SPT79-00 15-Amp MEDUSAW Worm Drive Saw
- 8 Hyperikon Electric Compact Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 9 Big Foot Tools BF-UG Wormdrive Circular Saw
- 10 Prazi USA – Blades – Beam Cutter Worm Drive Saws
- List of 10 Best Worm Drive Circular Saws