Since the invention of the wheel, the world hasn’t seen any better evolution that the creation of the worm. This machine was small in size and resembled the existing gears, could transfer torque and power from one moving axis to another with minimal effort and less energy.
This has found applications to a lot of industries from construction to dentistry. But the most successful application has traditionally been the best worm drive saw which resembles a tool, mostly needed by craftsmen around the world when they want to precisely cut plywood or create valuable furniture.
The saws that use a special drive to cut wood are the safest and most precise woodcutters in the world since they can measure all the different distances and dimensions that make the cut professional. The handles are giving them great utility since the carpenters can easily hold them without the fear of injury that could hurt their arms and legs and be potentially life-threatening.
In this review let’s see what are the perfect worm drive saw that big manufacturers are presenting to the world public and what are their strong points for us to choose them among others.
Table of Contents
- 15 Best Worm Drive Saw
- 1 Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw
- 2 Bosch 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 3 DEWALT DWS535 7 1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 4 Makita 5477NB 7-1/4″ Hypoid Saw
- 5 SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 6 Milwaukee 6477-20 7-1/4-inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 7 DEWALT DCS577X1 FLEXVOLT 60V MAX 7-1/4” Worm Style Saw
- 8 SKILSAW SPT79-00 15-Amp MEDUSAW Worm Drive Saw
- 9 Hyperikon Electric Compact Circular Saw
- 10 Hitachi C7WDM 7 1/4″ 15-Amp Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 11 Big Foot Tools BF-UG Wormdrive Circular Saw
- 12 Prazi USA – Blades – Beam Cutter Worm Drive Saws
- 13 3M SPT77W-22 Worm Drive Heavy Duty Corded Circular Saw
- 14 Circular Saw, GALAX PRO 5.8Amp
- 15 Ridgid ZRR3205 15 Amp Circular Saw
- Awesome List of 15 Best Worm Drive Saw
15 Best Worm Drive Saw
1 Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw
Things We Like:
- There is a retractable hook that allows the user to stay close but never on the road of the saw.
- The oil-bath technology reduces the useless friction between the various parts of the saw and makes it more durable through the time.
- It has a reinforced power cord that can stand more abuse in the workplace.
- The adjustments while working can be made quickly and easily using the long and rubberized levers for extra safety.
This Makita worm saw is one of the brilliant professional solutions that are available in all markets and has great after sales services. It is considered as one of the best worm drive circular saw that is now available and is reputable for its strength and durability.
It is equipped with a powerful motor that works in the range of 4,500 rpm and can cut virtually anything. The magnesium series are using lighter and more durable components for an enhanced life cycle and they include an extra-coated framing blade with a special M-shaped tooth which guarantees the best cut.
2 Bosch 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
Things We Like:
- Extra torque delivered at 5,300 rpm which is among the highest in the category.
- It is extremely lightweight that can assure a better stable grip and good control of the cut.
- It is extra convenient for the user since you only need one special wrench to do all the necessary adjustments and modifications to the engine and blades.
- Higher accuracy is offered with the innovative worm design taking advantage of the left side blade design that provides enhanced clarity of the cut line to the user.
This is the innovative worm drive saw that is created by the legendary Bosch company and can be identified as one of the best worm drive saw that you could possibly purchase online. It features new and innovative solutions that facilitate everyday use in multiple worksites that need precise cuts of materials.
It has an enhanced magnesium construction that gives a lighter profile and better longevity to the various moving parts. It also has a special worm drive that can reassure the accuracy of the cut and features a large gearing ratio in a compact size.
It is equipped with easy-to-handle features with an onboard multi-function wrench that you can use to change blades, brushes and oil. Its soft grip is desirable by all users.
3 DEWALT DWS535 7 1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
Things We Like:
- Extremely easy to use even from novice workers.
- There is a durable cast magnesium footplate that can make the cutting a precise and joyful experience.
- Existence of a tough cord protection system which ensures safety on the workplace.
- Smart rubber handling in all major levers and hooks and premium lightweight materials that make easier the use of the saw.
This is one the saw that is said to be the default worm drive saw of preference for many craftsmen across the world. It features special lightweight materials that ensure easy handling and storage. The same time it is heavy-duty using its magnesium shoe to provide a solid cutting platform at all times.
It works in 4,800 rpm which is a market blockbuster for the category giving extra precise and quick cutting abilities. Not to mention that DEWAULT is the only brand that offers a generous 90-day money-back guarantee and one year of free service.
4 Makita 5477NB 7-1/4″ Hypoid Saw
Finally, the Makita company has managed to create the best worm drive saw compared to the price you pay to purchase it. The Hypoid Gears are specifically designed to deliver more constant power than the compatible ones. It also has a great oil bath technology and sealed gear house for less maintenance.
The handles are solid and can give extra comfort to the user at any time. The blade is sharp enough to provide better and more precise cut than any of its competitors. After all, its 15 AMP motor is fiercely powerful to increase productivity no matter what the conditions are.
5 SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp Worm Drive Circular Saw
This is one of the most desired worm drive saws that are now available on the worldwide market. The SKILLSAW company has created one of the worm drive circular saw reviews that mostly matter to people that intend to invest in state-of-the-art technology.
It has a magnesium worm drive that is unique among competitors for its endurance and lightweight materials that make the saw easily handled by the carpenters. One multi-function wrench is included for blade change while brush and oil maintenance has evolved to an easy task.
The dual copper windings are constantly keeping the motor cooler and reassure the longevity of the saw. In addition, the cooler running motor tackles the most difficult cuts which are a crucial feature of SKILLSAW series.
6 Milwaukee 6477-20 7-1/4-inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
One of the newcomers in the category, the Milwaukee saw is one presence that has the ambition to change the standards in the worm saws category. Milwaukee saw listed as one of the best worm drive saw it has gathered all the abilities that are most desired in saws like that.
It has an easy use profile that makes it possible for the novice user to cut precisely. The handles are bigger than ever before and covered with special rubber to protect your hands. The blades are running with special oil friction support that cools down the motor any time needed so.
The angles of measurement are of great utility in this saw, and the craftsmen are more than happy to use it when precision is needed.
7 DEWALT DCS577X1 FLEXVOLT 60V MAX 7-1/4” Worm Style Saw
This is the dewalt worm drive saw that is usually purchased by craftsmen worldwide. It has a special magnesium worm gear that can reduce the weight of the whole shoe giving extra comfort and precision to the user.
Its longer cord can give you great movability and freedom when you are working outdoors. The blades can be easily changed using a simple wrench for enhanced simplicity of use. The oil cooled motor can guarantee that the saw would be working under harsh conditions for longer periods of time.
8 SKILSAW SPT79-00 15-Amp MEDUSAW Worm Drive Saw
Another great saw made from SKILSAW that is one of the top manufacturers in the world. Counting as one of the best worm drive saw there are a lot of reasons why you should consider buying one of those.
The magnesium worm gear is apparent in this model as well to make it work better and cut more precisely.
It specializes in the concrete cut where tough forces are being developed and the blades need constant change. It also has an integrated dust management system that keeps the working field clean for the user. The saw has special anti-corrosion layers that keep it strong for a long time of use even in outdoor conditions.
9 Hyperikon Electric Compact Circular Saw
Things We Like:
- It comes with a 3-year guarantee for all its parts and a generous after-sales service plan.
- It is widely compact and robust giving the user the reassurance that the saw is going to do its job no matter what.
- It has plunge, bevel and miter cut to adjust to any possible type of cut you may need to perform.
- The 4.5-inch blade is unique for its endurance and precision of cut.
This is by far the most highly sophisticated worm drive saw that you can find available on market now. Characterized as the best cordless worm drive saw this is a revolutionary piece of art, years ahead of the competition.
It features an enhanced angle for cutting depth that is unique in the category. Its blade is carbide enabled to have more power and greater endurance. The existence of the cut guard is of crucial importance for the accuracy of the cut and the safety of the user.
This is a saw that is extremely lightweight and works in low amperage for great energy saving profile.
10 Hitachi C7WDM 7 1/4″ 15-Amp Worm Drive Circular Saw
One of the most well-known manufacturers like Hitachi is giving to the public the highly-sophisticated worm drive saw of preference. It belongs to the series of the lightest worm drive saw which are widely available on the online market.
The saw has a powerful motor that works in 5,000rpm that gives solid and strong cuts while increasing the precision. The work gears are durable and add on to the longevity of the tool.
There is also a single wrench technology for blade change and oil renewals so that you can keep the tool well maintained at all times.
11 Big Foot Tools BF-UG Wormdrive Circular Saw
Things We Like:
- Virtually lightweight since all its parts are made of magnesium and quality steel and rubber.
- Extra safety of use since there are a lot of cut protectors while using it.
- The blades are really easy to change using a single wrench.
- The cord is longer than any other competitor making it easy to work in places where the power supply is far away.
Big Foot still remains the company of reference for best worm drive saw. This special series is a category that is the most demanding one.
It has a simple type of functioning with only one lever to adjust all the angles of cutting and the speed of the blade.
Its blades are carbamide ones that can add on to the precision of cuts and the longevity of the tool. The motor is cooled down by oil and this is a feature that can prolong its life cycle.
Most important it is one of the few saw that are completely assembled in the United States for improved quality.
12 Prazi USA – Blades – Beam Cutter Worm Drive Saws
This is the latest improvement of the Prazi USA company that proudly presents to the world public of craftsmen. It is categorized as the worm drive circular saw reviews that can change the way you look at this type of tools.
It can execute with great precision all types of cut and in various angles. The protection of the user is enhanced since its vertical and horizontal positions are of tremendous comfort. The handles are placed strategically to the core of the tool to ensure the proper grip when cutting.
The motor is also powerful and oil cooled for better heat management. The blades are of superb technology that makes the difference in the precision of the cuts.
13 3M SPT77W-22 Worm Drive Heavy Duty Corded Circular Saw
This is a new appearance in the field of the most successful worm drive saws available on the market. It is one of the lightest worm drive saw that you can ever find and is also greatly affordable for most of the craftsmen.
The blade system is easily changed and lubricated using only a simple wrench. The motor has a monster power that can properly cut all types of material. The angles of the cut are easily determined by the user and can be rapidly changed.
The grip on the tool is perfect grace to the availability of rubber handles on the saw. The cord is long enough for working in distant places. There is also a cut protector to make sure that no accident is going to happen while using it.
14 Circular Saw, GALAX PRO 5.8Amp
Things We Like:
- Great availability and extra affordable price.
- Ergonomic design that can restore energy to the user and prevent accidents.
- Accurate and clean cut with the new blade technology.
- Motor works in 3,800rpm with increased torque to ensure a proper cut.
One of the bargains that you can rarely find online. The GALAX PRO circular saw remains one of the best worm drive circular saw that you can possibly find online.
You can easily hold is since it is perfectly balanced and lightweight.
The blades are of higher quality and the precision in cuts is guaranteed. It comes with a great after sales service plan that can support all types of intense use.
15 Ridgid ZRR3205 15 Amp Circular Saw
Things We Like:
- The 15 Amp motor delivers full power in lighter and more compact size.
- There is a visible oil sight to quickly check the oil for easy maintenance.
- Angles are ranging from 0-degree to 56-degree bevel detent system positive stops at common cut angles for quick adjustments.
- The skyhook integrated rafter hook for easy storage is an important feature.
Ridgid ZRR32104 is a really innovative saw that belongs to perfect worm drive saw that you could possibly purchase.
Solid structure, with lightweight materials for really comfortable use. Easy blade changing system allows for more freedom.
Awesome List of 15 Best Worm Drive Saw
As you may see there are best worm drive saw for you to choose out there. The right combination of price, quality and cutting precision, as well as after-sales service, should be taken into account when buying a new saw. Make your choices carefully since they are going to follow you for a long period of time.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: