A drill press is one of the best technology machines that have been revolutionary for woodworkers. If you are searching for the Best Benchtop Drill Press For Woodworking, then you are in the right place.
The drill press is a powerful machine used to perform high-quality holes in wooden parts of your choice. It is actually the one that can easily isolate and hold the wooden part and adjust the available width of the hole to be identical with the other ones. No regular saw can do such good quality work as a drill press.
There is no need to have multiple persons holding a wooden part since the drill press is here to do that job rapidly and precisely. Not to mention, that drill presses are versatile tools accepting various discs or spindle sanders on them to perform the right type of cut needed every time.
It is high time you took a glance at the most famous drill presses presented by manufacturers across the world.
10 Best Benchtop Drill Press For Woodworking
[table id=16 /]
1 WEN 4208 8 in. 5-Speed Drill Press for Woodworking
- Includes a 1/2-inch keyed chuck and onboard key storage
- Operates at 5 different speeds: 740, 1100, 1530, 2100, 3140 RPM
- Spindle travels up to 2 inches with easy to read, locking linear depth stops for accurate and repeatable drilling...
- Durable 1/3 HP induction motor develops ample torque and power
- 6-1/2 x 6-1/2" worktable is height adjustable and bevels up to 45 degrees left & right
This is the drill press coming from the well-known WEN company that creates multiple woodworking machines for intense use. WEN 4208 8 is the best benchtop drill press for woodworking, gathering all the qualities you are looking for.
This WEN drill press can limit the space needed on your workbench, giving you more flexibility. You can also drill up to ½ inch hole in heavy-duty cast iron, which is exceptional. There is also a locking depth adjustment where you can set the knobs to limit the spindle travel for higher precision cuts.
Finally, there is a smart onboard key storage placing the chuck key attached to the drill being there whenever you need it.
- It is never breaking down with solid body technology.
- The iron cast is rust free no matter what the conditions.
- The motor has a brushless function for smooth operation.
- High enough to accommodate all sizes of objects.
- Great performance against the competition.
- The power cord needs constant maintenance.
- No room for the toolbox
2 SKIL 3320-01 3.2 Amp 10-Inch – Best Woodworking Drill Press
- 1/2-Inch keyed chuck. Bump-off switch for added safety
- 5 Speeds - 570 - 3,050 RPM
- Adjustable depth stop for accurate measurements and repetitive drilling
- 0-45 Degree Left/Right Tilting Work Surface
- Laser X2 2-beam laser for precise hole alignment
If you are looking for the best drill press for woodworking, then SKIL 3320 will be perfect. The SKIL drill press has always been famous for the extreme quality tools delivering to the public.
There is a laser beam that helps to ensure the precise hole alignment, which is of crucial importance for detailed cutwork. Then, the depth adjustment system is always there to give you enough choices for precision depth holes in your wooden parts. There is also a five-speed cut holes system that can cut holes through a variety of materials like wood, metal, and plastic.
Finally, the tilting of the work surface to nearly 45 degrees angle can offer you precise cuts in all available operations.
- A drill press is working in high RPM.
- Safety button always on to give you security.
- The running belt can be easily removed and changed.
- Single wrench technology.
- Laser beam for precise hole alignment.
- Very energy-consuming.
- Moderate quality of the drilling.
3 Shop Fox W1668 – Best Benchtop Drill Press for Woodworking
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110-Volt, 1,725 RPM, Spindle Speeds 250-3050 RPM
- Drill chuck: 5/8-Inch
- Spindle travel: 3-1/4-Inch
- Swing: 13-1/4-Inch
- Includes a 3-piece spindle sander drum kit with a mandrel and 80 grit sanding paper to fit the 1-Inch, 1-1/2-Inch and...
It presents a broad assortment of drill presses to suit each need. This is the drill press of choice for carpenters and technicians in need of special precision and quality in their work for features, performance, and value.
This drill press is featuring an oscillating sander which you can use for efficient contour sanding. Also, the table has a clearance hole for use while sanding. As a result, the clever design of this drill incorporates a dust collection port so that your sanding jobs are less messy, and there is adequate protection of the motor from debris.
- The powerful motor can give you extra torque when needed.
- The swinging mode is helping you fix the angles.
- Sander drum kit offers you precision work.
- Stable legs are there for your safety.
- Spare parts are not easily available.
- Less affordable than competitors.
4 Craftsman 12 in. Drill Press for Woodworking
- Solid steel and cast iron construction
- Spindle travel 2.44 in.
- Item ca't ship to AK, HI or PO Box
- Cast iron table with roller extensions
The Craftsman drill press is another masterpiece in the category of the drill presses, mostly needed from craftsmen seeking quality cutting devices around the world.
First, it features a solid cast and iron construction for better endurance, and higher precision cuts no matter what the material could be. It operates with spindle travel of approximately 2.44 inches, being one of the highest on the market to perform accurate holes on wooden parts.
The cast iron table has specially designed roller extensions to allow a better grip and a wider working surface for precision work.
There is also a high torque and speed setting, and the drill can move fluidly from project to project with no need to interrupt your work.
- Plastic parts are reducing the total weight of the device.
- Special wheels can be adjusted to move it anywhere you like.
- LED lighting is applied when working.
- Spindle travel among the largest in the category.
- Less energy-saving than its rivals.
- Plastic parts made fade away with time.
5 ShopSeries RK7033 6.2-Amp 10″ Woodworking Drill Press
- Powerful 6.2-amp drill press ideal for repetitive precision cutting in materials such as wood, plastic, and metal
- Durable cast iron work table bevels up to 45 degrees left and right
- Features five operating speeds ranging from 620 to 3100 rpm
- 1/2˝ drill chuck allows for the use of woodworking and metal drill bits with up to a 1/2˝ shank
- 2 year limited warranty protects against defects in materials and workmanship
This is the tool mostly desired by professional craftsmen around the globe. The ShopSeries is reputable among the woodworkers for being a reliable company giving quality tools to last for a lifetime.
This special edition has been characterized as the best small drill press for enhanced freedom and precise cuts even when you have a limited workplace.
It is equipped with a powerful 200lbs of torque motor with 17 distinct clutch positions to operate precision cuts in a variety of materials. The variable speed control gives you enhanced safety to perform the drilling. There is also a white LED light posed on top of the drill press to give you enhanced visibility even in the darkest environment conditions.
- 2-year limited guarantee covers all users.
- The durable cast-iron table meets international requirements.
- Drill chuck allows the use of metal and woodworking.
- High torque motor can drill virtually anything.
- Bevel is not giving you a 45 degrees angle for side cuts.
- The working surface not adequately lighted.
6 WEN 4214 12-Inch Variable Speed Good Drill Press
- Infinitely variable speed ranges from 580-3200 RPMS. Mechanical variable speed delivers equal torque throughout the...
- Spindle Travel of 3-1/8" with easy to read, locking linear depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations....
- Quill diameter of 2.17 inches. Durable 2/3hp induction motor develops ample torque and power. Motor: 120 V, 60 Hz. Laser...
- 9-1/2 x 9-1/2" cast iron worktable features rack & pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45 Degree left & right....
- Includes drill press, mechanical variable speed, laser, table roller extension, 5/8" keyed chuck & key, tools for...
If you are in the market for the Best Benchtop Drill Press For Woodworking that is available currently, then you might want to with this model from WEN 4214.
This drill press has a large capacity motor that can work at various speeds and provide extra accurate cutting in most types of materials like wood, metal, or plastic. There is a powerful induction motor to give ball bearings for extended life and balanced performance.
The presence of an X-pattern laser pointing system locks-on to your drilling points, offering you improved precision to any type of cut.
- Infinitely variable speed range to drill almost anything.
- Great spindle travel for your comfort.
- The working surface adjusts LED lighting.
- A long power cord helps you work remotely.
- The separate tool kit included to carry it with you.
- The iron body may rust with time.
- Thermal diffusion in the motor may cause dysfunction from time to time.
7 Delta 18-900L 18-Inch – Best Woodworking Drill Press for The Money
- Auto-tensioning belt drive system allows for fast and easy speed changes while maximizing transmission efficiency
- Full 6-inch quill stroke for deeper drilling applications and best-in-class capacity
- Micro-adjustable depth stops and independent depth scale allows the user to zero the scale and set up for repetitive...
- Fully adjustable TWINLASER projects a bright red crosshair on the work piece at the point of bit contact
- Backed by a five-year warranty. Table insert: 3.75 x 3.75 x 0.75 inches
One of the most reputable tool companies, the DELTA, has been well-known for its quality products that offer enhances usability and increased longevity even under intense use.
There is a flexible LED work light that illuminates the work surface for greater visibility. The drill press equipped with a heavy-duty motor providing the necessary torque to perform demanding drilling applications. The oversized worktable is adequately patented by the DELTA company who is giving a respectable working surface for various use.
Finally, the twin lasers pointers are projecting a bright red crosshair on the workplace at the point of bit contact for greater precision when cutting.
- Five-year guarantee the most generous on the market.
- Full 6-inch quill stroke can serve all sizes of drills.
- The belt is tensioned and driven automatically for your comfort.
- Twin Laser technology applied in cutting surface.
- Adjustable depth stops are applied for perfection when drilling.
- Energy consuming machine.
- The guarantee doesn’t cover the body parts.
8 Grizzly Heavy-Duty – Best Benchtop Drill Press
- All the features and dependability of an expensive industrial grade drill press—with a price tag that's astoundingly...
- Includes built-in light
- Specifications: Motor: 3/4 HP 110V single-phase Swing: 14-Inch Drill chuck: 1/64-Inch–5/8-Inch
The newcomer in the category of drilling machines has been the Grizzly drill press, which lately offers quality products with improved innovations in crucial parts.
The drill press made of quality lightweight metal alloy, which gives enhanced movability around the workplace. The power cord is longer than the other models giving you improved access even when the workplace is far away from the power source.
There is a built-in LED light giving you more freedom to work in darker conditions with the same precision. The cast iron table can be easily leveled to the desired angle and expanded to meet the requirements of the special cut.
Finally, the Grizzly drill press features a height of 38 inches, giving you enough space to work no matter how narrow the workplace could be.
- LED lighting applied in cutting surface.
- The extension of the table is valid in some models.
- High torque motor gives enough power to drill any material.
- Thermal induction applied to the motor.
- Less protection for the user.
9 Jet JDP-17 3/4 hp – Best Bench Drill Press for Woodworking
- Spindle travels a full 5" with one revolution of the handle
- Large 14 x 19" precision ground work table features twin T-slot grooves and 4 table slots to accommodate any project
- One-handed belt tensioning allows for rapid speed changes
- Power switch features a safety key and large, paddle-style off button
- Integrated depth stop makes repetitive drilling quick and easy
This is another great precision drill press presented by the JET company, which is one of the blockbusters of the category. This special edition is one of the best benchtop drill press for a variety of reasons being explained in full later on.
First, it has a solid iron cast construction being durable even under the most intense use. The 5-inch spindle travel and the poly v-belt drive system are innovations applied by the JET Press to offer you the best drilling experience ever seen. There is also a long-lasting built-in LED work light to give you improved visibility under any conditions.
Finally, the working surface is among the largest available in the category, allowing you to do all types of drilling with extra quality and safety.
- Large spindle travel can give you a hand.
- The belt can be tensioned, even one-handed.
- Safety key for the power switch.
- Panic button always on to keep you safe.
- Batteries included in some models.
- The longer cord needed for remote use.
- Depth stop may malfunction sometimes.
10 Gino TruePower Precision – Best Mini Drill Press for Woodworking
- Permanent magnet motor with variable speed control
- Infinite speed selection within the machine's three speed ranges
- Accommodates drills from 0.79 to 6mm Dia
The GINO drill press has a long tradition in providing the best available drill presses in the market. This is one of the best drill press for woodworking desired by the majority of craftsmen that require sustainability and quality work.
The iron cast metal gives extra support to the user and enhanced safety when drilling. The motor is durable enough to give maximum torque and increased RPM to drill holes in virtually any material.
Finally, the LED lighting gives improved cutting surface visibility at all times. The non-belt technology adds on to the comfort of the user.
- A permanent magnet motor gives a quality function.
- Total black color matches all workplaces.
- Safety button always on to keep you secure.
- A belt can be easily changed.
- Drills easily accommodated at all sizes.
- The motor may overheat in higher RMP.
- Dust can accumulate to the drill driver.
We hope that this article will help you to find the Best Benchtop Drill Press For Woodworking for you. You should have to focus on quality and endurance when looking for drill presses since these are the qualities mostly wanted by craftsmen worldwide.
Drilling has become an easy task lately, take advantage of technological innovations to make your life easier.